Certified Organic Sweet Almond Oil
Certified Organic Sweet Almond Oil [Prunus Dulcis] Certified Organic by the Soil Association
Organic Sweet Almond Oil is one of the most popular oils to use with upset skin - it is one of the most user friendly oils available. Almond Oil is extracted from dried almonds through a cold-pressing process. Almonds and Sweet Almond oil contains a number of vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, D and E and some minerals. Almond Oil is high in oleic and linoleic acids. Due to Sweet Almond's properties the oil has a number of natural benefits that are commonly known to nourish and moisturise the skin and relieve those who suffer from eczema. As it is a light oil, it is perfect for easily irritated and younger skins.
Almonds are known as humactants - hence, almond oil has the ability to retain moisture in the skin, giving the skin a youthful plump look and feel. Almond oil gently balances your acid mantle [pH balance] and oil levels. It is anti ageing as it reduces the look of fine lines. Whilst this isn't a permanent fix to ageing skin, when using almond oil on a regular basis and over time, you will help prevent your skin from developing deep ageing creases.
It glides easily onto the skin and absorbs quickly, even better if your skin is damp after a shower or bath. Almond oil is known to possess anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Vitamin E is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants that naturally combat the emergence of free radicals and other damaging elements in the skin. Organic Sweet Almond oil is a perfect combination partner with aromatherapy essential oils and it is also water dispersal and can be used with or without essential oils as a convenient and highly beneficial bath oil. Sweet Almond Oil also has less tendency to become rancid.
Almond oil is one of the top go to oils to choose from when suffering with allergies, especially if suffering with minor wounds, infections, dry, sore and chapped skin. Even if you suffer with oily skin, you will see the difference almond oil makes to your skin.
Therapeutic Properties Sweet Almond Oil
* When using Almond oil on a regular basis and over time, it may prevent deep ageing creases in the skin.
* Almonds retain moisture, balances hydration loss and the absorption of moisture which results in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
* Provides long term protection against dryness.
* Packed with Vitamins, Minerals and essential fatty acids.
* Ideal for younger, easily irritated skins.
* Gives the skin a youthful, plump look and feel.
* An excellent emollient, alleviating and nourishing very dry skin.
* Helps to soothe inflammation.
* Beneficial in relieving the itching caused by eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and all cases of dry scaly skin due to its anti-irritant, soothing and smoothing skin properties.
* Has been used to ease irritation on baby’s bottoms.
* Soothes sunburn.
* Fresh Sweet Almond Oil contains more essential fatty acids.
* Excellent for balancing and calming oily skin, reducing spots.
* Oilier skin types will see a noticeable difference almonds make on their skin.
* Beneficial to use as a scalp massage, ideal in Indian Head Massage therapies.