Certified Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
100% Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil [Cocos Nucifera] Certified Organic by the Soil Association
For use in cooking, sports nutrition and in topical skin cosmetic use. Delicious, when eaten. This healthy fat can be added to many recipes. This raw 100% organic virgin coconut oil is from the flesh of the coconut. A rich organic source of fatty acids supportive nutritionally in the maintenance of healthy skin.
Topically, coconut oil can be used as a facial cleanser/moisturiser or an all-over body moisturiser, rub into feet, hands and hair to nourish and ease excessive dryness. Highly versatile and is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal. Reduces inflammation and provides beautiful moisturisation for the skin and scalp. Perfect for acne prone skin due to coconut's anti-bacterial properties as it aids in the skin's healing processes and balances skin oil [sebum]. Coconut can also be used to heal cuts and abrasions. Simply put some coconut on the affected area and let the oil do the rest.
Coconut oil is a solid being a white, crystalline, highly saturated fat which melts at about 25oC, it is stable when exposed to air.
Therapeutic Properties of Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
* Frequently used in massage creams because of its emollient properties.
* Coconut oil makes the skin smooth and satin like.
* A beneficial anti ageing / anti wrinkle ingredient.
* Often used as a hair pomade.
* A wonderful leave on hair masque.
* An ingredient found in many hair conditioners, being beneficial for dry hair and scalp.
* Keeps frizz prone hair tame and well conditioned.
* Ideal for frizzy curly hair - provides curls with definition and moisture [apply sparingly when hair is damp for super defined natural curls].
* Used for burns/sunburns.
* Often used in Indian Head Massages, due to its well known beneficial properties for scalp and hair.
* Possess natural sun protection and aids tanning. [Please note: a reliable SPF should be worn if out in direct sun].
* Maintains healthy skin due to its anti-bacterial, anti-microbial & anti-fungal properties.
* Reduces skin inflammation, so an ideal natural remedy for Eczema and Psoriasis.
* Coconut can be used to heal minor skin wounds & abrasions.
* Perfect for acne prone skin due to coconut's anti-bacterial properties and helps to balance skin oil [sebum].