Certified Organic Unrefined Raw Shea Butter
Certified Organic Unrefined Shea Butter [Butyrospermum Parkii] Certified Organic by the Soil Association
Shea Butter is the ultimate skin hydrator and protector. Extracted from the Shea nut and has a slight yellow colour with a very slight odour. Shea Butter can be used as a massage butter, a moisturising agent, and for treating minor skin irritations. Shea Butter possesses natural anti-sun properties to prevent UV damage, and can help to soothe sunburn. It is commonly used in lip balms, facial moisturisers and bath oils.
Therapeutic Properties of Unrefined Shea Butter:
* Shea butter is used in hair conditioners for dry and brittle hair and helps prevent hair breakages.
* Often used in medicinal ointments for skin complaints.
* Contains anti-inflammatory properties.
* High in vitamins A, E and high in Vitamin F – Vitamin F is responsible for Shea Butter's skin rejuvenating abilities.
* Does not clog pores.
* Reduces razor burn and reduces after shaving skin bumps.
* Especially good for sore skin and sore cracked feet. Gently softens hard skin.
* Prevents stretch marks and restores skin elasticity.
* Ideal for Winter skin protection and prevents wind burn.
* Evens out and tones skin complexion.
* Anti-ageing, helps prevent premature ageing and restores elasticity to skin.
* Rich in phytosterols to stimulate cell growth.
* Restores lustre to hair.
* Possesses good emollient & humectant properties [retains moisture for skin, hair & nails].
* Shea Butter has been traditionally used to protect the skin and hair during the dry Harmattan Season.
* Traditionally used for the management of aching & painful joints, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.