Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
CERTIFIED ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL
Organic Golden Jojoba Oil [Buxus Sinensis] Certified Organic by the Soil Association
Jojoba oil is a popular oil, it is extracted from the bean like seeds of the desert shrub Simmondsia Chinensis. Produces a fruit which bears a seed containing a liquid wax. Jojoba Oil is more of a liquid wax than an oil. The wax contains vitamin E and phospholipids which are hypo-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and non-toxic. It is high in natural oils that resemble or even mimics those oils found in the skin [sebum] and able to dissolve into skin oils and help soothe damaged and irritated skin and hair. Jojoba is the ideal substitution if you skin has decreased its natural sebum production. Jojoba is the best for treating acne as Jojoba possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Jojoba helps to heal the skin and prevents further acne outbreaks from happening. This makes jojoba particularly suited for use with acne, dry skin and scalp, eczema, psoriasis, inflammation, rheumatism and arthritis. Jojoba oil is a waxy solid below approximately 10-15 degrees centigrade and quickly returns to its liquid state above this temperature.
Therapeutic Properties of Jojoba Oil
* Jojoba has a light and non sticky feel when applied to the skin making it suitable for all skin types.
* Traditionally used on skin and hair to combat the drying effects of the desert sun as it forms a transparent protective film on the skin, which halts the trans-epidermal waterloss - this action in itself helps keep the skin hydrated which is crucial for skin health.
* Traditionally used on wounds and sores that refused to heal, it was also topically applied to head sores.
* Contains Myristic Acid which is an anti-inflammatory agent, thus the oil can be beneficial in mixes for arthritis and rheumatism.
* Rich in essential fatty acids, especially omega 7 and 9.
* Beneficial for all types of skin.
* Possess analgesic abilities [pain relief].
* Soothes & moisturises a dry scalp.
* Helps with Psoriasis.
* Helps with Eczema.
* Soothes Sunburn.
* Great for sore sensitive skin requiring delicate treatment care.
* Use for chapped, cracked skin and sore nappy rash.
* Can assist in cases of Acne Vulgaris due to Jojoba’s molecular structure being similar to sebum [skin oil].
* Regulates and controls accumulation of excessive facial oil [sebum] and has the ability to prevent build up and unclogs pores which results in clear, blemish free skin.
* There is evidence that jojoba can permeate the skin – through the hair follicle wall into the corneal layer leaving the skin softened and moisturised, due to its ability to retain moisture.
* Conditions the hair.
* Beneficial after epilation as it is balancing [balances skin's pH] for the skin’s acid mantle.
* Beneficial for oily and dry skin alike due to its ability to balance skin oil.